INMATE VIDEO VISITATION
Visitation monitors are located in all open population housing units. It is the responsibility of the inmate to contact their family or friends regarding any changes in housing units or visitation. Inmates on disciplinary status or other statuses may be restricted from visitation. It is advised to call and confirm any visitation prior to arriving. Due to limited spacing, visitation is on a first come bases. Visitors are encouraged to show up early to insure a visitation spot. Every visitor is required to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the visitation slot. A valid ID is required. ID’s are collected by visitation staff at 15 minutes prior to the visitation hour. Any person(s) arriving after ID’s have been collected will have to wait until the next available visitation. Visitation times are in 30 minute blocks (IE: 8-8:30, 8:30-9, and 9-9:30). Visitation is closed daily between 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM for lunch. Visitation is closed on Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays. Visitations are done through video. Due to security reasons we do not allow contact visits.
Visits are conducted every half hour and is not limited to housing locations.
(Note: Due to cells having one (1) Homewav monitor, a visitor may be required to wait till the next half hour visit if another detainee is already visiting in the same cell)
*Protective Custody or other visitation is Monday thru Friday 4-5 pm twice a week.
VISITATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- No person shall introduce contraband upon the property of a Detention facility. Anyone doing so can be subject to a felony charge in accordance to F.S.S. 951.22.
- In accordance to F.S.S. 951.22 visitors are subject to be searched.
- All visitors must sign in at the visitation desk and present a valid form of ID prior to visitation.
- Cell phones and other items or personal property are prohibited in the visitation area.
- Visitation is a privilege. Visitation may be denied, revoke, delayed, or limited when the facility staff believes the visitation would threaten safety, security, or good order of the facility or during emergencies deemed by the Facility Commander.
- Proper attire is required. Shorts and skirts must be reasonable length, no less than 2 inches above the knee. No reveling or see through items are allowed. Tank tops, swim wear, and items showing midriff are not allowed. Footwear is required of all visitors.
- Visitors under 18 years of age or younger must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Violating any visitation rules or regulations may result in termination of the visitation.
Off site visitation through Homewav
Please visit Homewav.com to set up an account to visit from your personal computer or hand held device.
All housing locations inside the DCSO Jail will be open to visitation through Homewav for the following times.
Monday through Saturday
1:00 PM to 10:00 PM
No off-site visits through Homewav will be allowed after 10:00 PM, before 1:00 PM or on Sundays.
Proper attire is required and no inappropriate behavior while using the Homewav visitation system. Visitors found in violation of this provision will be prohibited from further visits.
For further information please feel free to contact the Visitation office at 863-993-4710.